CISP/PCI PABP Certified

Bear Creek "Darn Good" Chili Mix

Bear Creek "Darn Good" Chili

Rating:  Share:

Bear Creek "Darn Good" Chili is not your Grandma's chili! "Darn Good" Chili is mildly spicy, a rich combination of beans, vegetables and rice smothered in chili tomato sauce.

Regular Price: $5.29
On Sale For: $3.99

Quantity:

Additions:

7 cups water
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste

Cooking Directions:

Bring 7 cups of water to a rolling boil. Whisk in chili mix and 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste. Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered 20 - 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste. Store in a cool dry place.

Ingredients:

Pinto Beans, Red and Black Beans, Onions, Enriched Long Grain Rice (Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid), Natural Beef Flavor, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Corn Starch, Sugar, Bell Peppers, Chicken Fat, Beef Stock, Maltodextrin, Citric Acid, Celery, Salt, Garlic, Chili Peppers, Natural Flavors, Spices, Caramel Color, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate (Flavor Enhancers).

Contains: Soy.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: About 1/3 Cup (35g)
1 Cup Prepared
Sugars 2g
Protein 6g
Vitamin A 4%
Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 6%
Iron 10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Product Rating: (4.76)   # of Ratings: 38   Rate It! Click Here to rate this product

1 - Terrible
2 - Bad
3 - OK
4 - Good
5 - Great
0% 50% 100%

Sort: New to Old RE-SORT COMMENTS:

Showing comments 1-10 of 33 (Next 10) Click Here to see all comments
1. Anonymous User on 7/3/2014, said:

This was really good.I added tomato sauce. It feed 8 people.
Was this comment helpful? yes no   (0 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)
2. Nancy on 1/20/2014, said:

Best Chili. It is cold in Florida right now. Bear Creek Chili "Hit the Spot"! Nancy
3. Anonymous User on 12/16/2013, said:

After following the instructions on the package, and giving it the 20 to 25 minutes on the stovetop, I add a lb. of cooked ground round, some salsa, and a can of dark kidney beans. Then I leave on very low on the stove top for another 45 mins. to an hour. When I seve, I cover it with shredded Mexican chesses, let melt, and top with a dalop of sour cream. It is thick and yummy!!!
Was this comment helpful? yes no   (2 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)
4. Anonymous User on 12/14/2013, said:

Easy to make and easy to eat. It isn't home made, but it's good. I add the diced tomato's and a cup of salsa and it's a great meal.
Was this comment helpful? yes no   (1 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)
5. Anonymous User on 3/16/2013, said:

This is an O.K. chili soup by itself. The beans are pretty mushy and broken up. It would be better if a person added their own onion, other veggies, or meat. It is an acceptable stand alone meal for camping or backpacking. I agree that there is a strange spice in it.
Was this comment helpful? yes no   (3 people found this comment helpful, 0 did not)
6. Anonymous User on 1/26/2013, said:

Just great soup!!!
7. Anonymous User on 1/23/2013, said:

This chili was delicious! I added cooked ground turkey to it also which I felt added alot. I usually make my own chili from scratch, but this is great if you have left over ground meat/turkey and not alot of time.
8. Anonymous User on 11/7/2012, said:

I added sauted onions , peppers and cooked ground beef , can of diced tomatoes and a can a chick peas. there was an unusual spice in the mix (possibly ginger ) . didnt like the fact that I could hardly see the beans. so thats when I threw in chick peas I had on hand. Good for a cold northeast day.
9. Anonymous User on 10/8/2012, said:

The closest thing to homemade chili you will find
10. Anonymous User on 7/21/2012, said:

Much fun to make with new additions each time. Such a great mix combines with anything to make a great tasting chili.
Was this comment helpful? yes no   (1 people found this comment helpful, 1 did not)
Showing comments 1-10 of 33 (Next 10) Click Here to see all comments